Whether you are a veteran cook or an amateur, molding Cocoture is simple and can be done in
3 Easy Steps:
- First, you must get the raw Cocoture to a texture similar to that of pancake batter. Depending on its temperature and consistency, simply heat it in a microwave to liquify or cool it in the fridge until sufficiently thick.
- Next, use a spoon to fill the mold with raw Cocoture. When done, harden the candy by putting it in the fridge or freezer.
- When the candy is fully hardened, remove the mold from the freezer or fridge and pop out each individual piece of candy.
If you didn’t get the temperature quite right and your raw Cocoture is the wrong consistency or if the shape did not come out to your liking, remember cocoture can be melted and cooled down many times.
The whole process from start to finish usually takes 15 minutes. The time for the candy to harden is no more than 30 minutes in the freezer.
The steps are simple and there are no measurements or numbers to memorize. Play with your cocoture and re-shape it for fun or in search of perfection.
In Search of Perfection
If you are like us and are always searching for perfection, follow these tips to create candy with the perfect color and a smooth glossy surface:
- Cool your mold in the freezer before shaping the candy
- Make sure that consistency of the raw Cocoture is close to that of pancake batter. If it is too thin, the surface will have inconsistent color and uneven shape due to air bubbling.
- Ensure that there is no air trapped between the mold surface and the raw Cocoture: shake the form a bit as you fill the molds so the raw Cocoture is distributed evenly
- It is best to work with your mold on a flat mobile base. This will help in moving the molds undisturbed. A cutting board would work well.
- Cool in the freezer for a glossier and faster finish.
- Keep candy refrigerated. It can melt at room temperature
No matter the shape or method, you will always get the same luxurious, mouth watering flavor.